In case

you missed the reason I (k)nit a second set of critters from 50 Yards of Fun.2014-06-02 13.31.50 They were for display at my local library which features local artists monthly. So June is my month and here’s the display. I’m a lousy “window dresser” so the display is not the best but the critters are all in the case. 2014-06-02 13.31.34

My just (k)nits for fun South Park Lindsay is moving right along. I’ve finished the body but may add some length if I have enough yarn. I’ve cast on the first sleeve. I determined the number of stitches to cast on at the cuff by trying the body ribbing around my wrist and measuring as well. I’ve found this to work well. I have small wrists for a “big girl” so I usually make cuffs smaller than designer patterns.2014-06-02 13.31.57 I also like to increase some of the sleeve stitches at the cuff and the rest in the first half of the sleeve. I don’t like tight sleeves. On this one I’m increasing about half the stitches at the cuff then will increase every 8 rows which is the knit row in the pattern.My thinking is this will make adjusting the pattern so it’ll fit easier. In swatch stage I played around with the pattern stitch trying to get it to work with 8 stitch multiple in the round. It required moving the beginning of round marker–NOT! This stressed me a bit but after looking at some other patterns decided to continue with 8 + 7 multiple. The odd stitches will be under my arm and not so visible. I’ll work pattern where I can over the increases. I’m using US size 4 and 6 needles for the sleeves as my in-the-round gauge is tighter than my flat gauge. I love to purl and purl faster than I knit so my purl gauge is looser.2014-06-04 16.24.36 I’m using Quince & Co Chickadee in Belize colorway. I’m pretty happy with how this piece is looking. This is an improvised piece so I don’t have a pattern link.

I also cast on another just (k)nits for fun project. I’m participating in TTL Mystery Shawl KAL 2014. I’m using US size 6 needles and Black Trillium Pebble Sock in Smoke Gradient set. I hope to stay caught up and finish each clue before the next is released and will post pictures when finished in July.

Here’s a group picture of the all the backpack buddies so far.Some are Basic Uni-body and some are Kitty Beans. All are made from Cascade 220 and on US size 5 needles. I’ve made total eleven out of thirty. One is visiting the library. I plan to make 10 Basic Uni=Bodies, 10 Kitty Beans and 10 Owl Puffs2014-06-04 16.26.04 If time permits, I’ll make a few extra. These will be given to school kids at my church to hang on their backpacks or keep in lockers or study areas as a reminder their church family love them.

Till next time, no frogs, no tinks, just (k)nits.

Advertisements

0 Responses to “In case”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




Just (k)nits bound off 2016

Twelve Drummers Drumming Socks
Sockhead Hat

Just (k)nits for others

Playdate using US size 3, 5, and 6 and Wollmeise Pure in Feldmaus

Just (k)nits in the zone

Just dead (k)nits

Rockefeller, US size 3, Wollmeise Pure Ruby Thursday and 47 Ag
Christmas 2016 socks, Size 2.25 mm, Desert Vista Dyeworks Zombody's Kissing Santa Claus

Just (k)nits hibernating

Rockefeller
Sockhead hat


%d bloggers like this: